I have made several new life choices in the past month or so and one of the most enjoyable is my early morning walk. Regardless of weather, I make sure I get out and get some blood flowing before thinking about what the day is about to throw at me.
Below is a quick point form of my morning routine…
- Wake up – Always happy about this one!
- Drink a litre of water – I do this over a 20-30 minute period. Chugging can make you nauseous.
- Go for a 20-30 minute brisk walk – Not only does this wake you up (especially in winter) it gets the bodily fluids moving and doing the job their supposed to do. With winter temperatures and elevated heart rate, this activity also acts as a Natural Decongestant. Next thing you know you’re sniffing and spitting all that congestion that built up over night. By the time I get home, I’m thinking and breathing clearly. Nothing better!
- Drink more water – Generally I have it mixed with some lime and Chaga (more on Chaga later – for now, Google it!)
- Breakfast – Fruit. Period. Apples, oranges, melon, berries… whatever. Sometimes rolled oats makes it’s way into the menu also.
- Get happy! – What ever it takes… DO IT! There is nothing worse than dreading the day ahead. I spent too much of my life doing that.
This routine is still pretty new to me, but doing it makes me feel fantastic! I need to keep at it!